Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day off = Chance to try new recipes!!! (PART I)

Wowzers I am a terrible blogger, it has been a month since I last posted!!! I said to myself I would be one for those bloggers but it turns out I am... I will try and do better I promise. 

So I had the day off today and I got a chance to experiment and play with some new recipes.

Today I made Citrus Carrot Breakfast Muffins
These were totally an experiment and one that turned out exactly how I wanted loaded with citrus and flavor.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flax seed
zest of one orange
zest of one lemon
11/2 cups of orange juice
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup walnuts
2 carrots grated

Preheat oven at 350 F
Sift the flour and add all the dry ingredients together.
Beat the eggs and add with orange juice to the dry mixture
Fold in the orange zest, lemon zest, cocnut, walnuts and grated carrots
Mix well.
Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full ( I used my clay muffin cups)
Bake for 20 mins.
Makes about 20 muffins.
 
Great breakfast muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment