Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super easy and not so everyday

So tonite for supper I was thinking of going with the fish taco route and then decided after I got the fish out I wanted potatoes.  So, I threw some things together keeping my craving for Mexican flavor (Quick Mango Salsa) and voila an excellent supper. I can't take credit for the fish, it was Healthy Bake Cod from Highligher. 
Over all this was super easy supper was a nice change from the usual.

Shredded Potato Fry
Super easy, super delicious...
Shredded 3 potatoes, rinsed and pat to dry with paper towel
Heat a skillet with some oil ( I should have gotten my cast iron skillet out for this, it would have added a little extra to it, good thought for next time).  Once the oil is heated and the potatoes are patted dry add to the skillet.   Stir and potatoes frequently allowing them to crisp up, at this point you can add what ever spices you need, I just decided on some Real Salt and Pepper.  I had some other flavors I did not want to over power.

Quick Mango Salsa
I will definitely make this again  even my husband liked this a lot.  I loved the sweet flavor with my fish!!! I never used garlic or jalapenos in this I wanted a sweet salsa with a savory cilantro flavor. For more zest I would add chopped jalapenos and diced garlic.

1 Mango peeled, seeded and chopped 
a handful of cilantro chopped ( I left mine a little coarse, but next time I would got finer)
half an avocado peeled, sliced and chopped
1/4 of a lime
Sea Salt
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and squeeze lime juice over the all the chopped fruits.  Grind a touch of coarse sea salt just to bring out the juices in the mango. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment